Policies & Procedures
- Please contact the studio if you are sick and cannot attend your lesson or if you have a schedule conflict and you will be late in arriving for your class. Please leave a message in your teacher’s mailbox if you know you will be absent on a particular day.
- In the event you need to make up a lesson please check with your teacher for an alternate class.
- No refunds or credits will be given for missed lessons.
- If a dancer begins to miss too many technique classes, he or she is at risk of being taken out of pieces. Attendance is crucial for both technique and rehearsal.
- Remember attendance is important to maintain your technique and learn new material. Inconsistent attendance not only slows down the progress of the individual, but the entire class. We honor student (s) with excellent attendance during the awards ceremony at recital time.
- Students are expected to behave respectfully to faculty and peers at all times.
- Visit the bathroom prior to class.
- Please use the dressing room for changing your clothes.
- Make sure to keep your belongings in the dressing room.
- No food or gum allowed in the classrooms.
- No cell phones in classrooms.
- No talking during instruction.
- No hanging on the barres at any time.
- Mirrors are not to be touched.
- Please take out what you bring in.
- No street shoes are to be worn in classrooms.
- Parents, Please do not allow your child to run in the classrooms.
- Do not open the door to the classroom while class is in session, as this interrupts the lesson in progress. If you need assistance, please check with registrar in office area.
- When the teacher has opened the door for your class, please be prompt.
- We know that many of you are involved in other activities and your schedules at times are hectic. If you are more then 15 minutes late to class you will be asked to sit and watch; this is so injuries do not occur.
- All classes are subject to minimum enrollment.
- Inappropriate language will not be tolerated anywhere in the facility.
- Preschool and children’s ballet, tap and jazz classes should wear solid colored leotards (preferably dark colored) with ballet pink tights, pink ballet shoes, and tan tap shoes.
- Level I through Level IV classes should wear the following for:
Ballet/Pointe –dark colored leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, pointe shoes
Tap – dark colored leotard, pink, suntan or black tights, tan tap shoes.
Jazz – dark colored leotard, pink, suntan or black tights, tan or black jazz shoes.
Black jazz pants, camisole shirts, and shirts which form to the body, are acceptable for tap, jazz, modern and hip hop (sneakers). Ballet skirts are acceptable for Ballet/Pointe. Please check with your teacher prior to class for all other clothing not listed above. (Exceptions: leg warmers in case of injury). Baggy shirts, baggy pants, sweat pants, sweatshirts, or shorts are not acceptable. When purchasing leotards please make sure they are comfortable.
Acro – dark colored leotard, pink, suntan or black tights.
- Hair must be neat and secured off the face and neck.
- No dangling earrings, necklaces, bracelets or watches.
- Please label dancewear and belongings with your name and phone number.
- We have indicated the level and classes recommended for you.
- If you wish to dance on Pointe in this year’s Nutcracker, Spring Concert and/or June performances, students on Pointe are required to take these classes in addition to their weekly ballet technique classes.
- Pointe class DOES NOT replace technique class; they are geared for strengthening and honing your Pointe technique!
- As many of you have already heard the expression, “your bodies are your instrument in dance,” we ask that you take care of them and present them accordingly. Hair for class should be secured NEATLY in a bun! Dress code: solid colored leotard, pink tights (worn on the INSIDE of leotard), NO jewelry and appropriate shoes.
In the event of inclement weather, we will announce cancellations on our telephone voice mail, Studio Facebook page, studio web site and local radio station (if time permits).
*Make up classes will be scheduled.
- Monthly tuition is due by the 1st day of each month. A late fee of $20.00 will be added after the 10th day of the month and each month thereafter. Semester billing is available with a 5% discount and statements are mailed twice during the season. There are no refunds of paid tuition or fees and all accounts must be kept current.
- All account balances for the season must be paid in full before recital costumes will be sent home.
Parents or students, if have any questions or concerns, please communicate with your teacher or the registrar. Together we can make the Dance Center a very special place.
We thank you for choosing our school for your child’s dance education. Your consideration is greatly appreciated!
We thank you for choosing our school for your child’s dance education.Your consideration is greatly appreciated!